1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己，天涯若比邻。
2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。
3. A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。
4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑，长一智。
5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。
6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。
7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。
8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失，时不再来。
9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果，身体健康不求医。
10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。
11. A young idler, an old beggar. 少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found. 天外有天，山外有山。
13. Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马，安知非福。
14. Bread is the stall of life. 面包是生命的支柱。(民以食为天。)
15. Business is business. 公事公办。
16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞。
17. Courtesy costs nothing. 礼多人不怪。
18. Custom makes all things easy. 习惯成自然。
19. Desire has no rest. 人的欲望无止境。
20. Difficult the first time, easy the second. 一回生，二回熟。
21. Do not change horses in mid-stream. 别在河流中间换马。
22. Do not have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。
23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。(不要孤注一掷。)
24. Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。
25. East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑，还是家里好。
26. Experience is the best teacher. 实践出真知。
27. Fact is stranger than fiction. 事实比虚构更离奇。(大千世界，无奇不有。)
28. Faith can move mountains. 信念能移山。(精诚所至，金石为开。)
29. First impressions are half the battle. 先入为主。
30. Give as good as one gets. 一报还一报。(以德报德，以怨还怨。)
31. Give everyone his due. 一视同仁。
32. Good wine needs no bush. 酒香不怕巷子深。
33. Haste makes waste. 欲速则不达。(忙中常出错。)
34. He that promises too much means nothing. 轻诺者寡信。
35. He who has an art has everywhere a part. 一招鲜，吃遍天。
36. He would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom. 千里之行始于足下。
37. Home is where the heart is. 心在哪里，哪里就是家。
38. If you are not inside a house, you don not know about its leaking. 不在屋里，不知漏雨。(亲身经历才有体会。)
39. In peace prepare for war. 平时准备战时。(居安思危。)
40. It is never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢，犹未为晚。
41. It six of one and half a dozen of the other. 彼此彼此。
42. Just has long arms. 天网恢恢，疏而不漏。
43. Keep something for a rainy day. 未雨绸缪。
44. Life is a span. 人生如朝露。
45. Man proposes, God disposes. 谋事在人，成事在天。
46. Meet plot with plot. 将计就计。
47. Merry meet, merry part. 好聚好散。
48. Mind acts upon mind. 心有灵犀一点通。
49. Never hit a man when he is down. 不要落井下石。
50. Never judge by appearances. 切莫以貌取人。
51. No fire without smoke. 无风不起浪。
52. Nurture passes nature. 教养胜过天性。
53. One is never too old to learn. 活到老，学到老。
54. One swallow does not make a summer. 一燕不成夏。(一花独放不是春。)
55. One who has seen the ocean thinks nothing of mere rivers. 曾经沧海难为水。
56. Out of sight, out of mind. 眼不见，心不烦。
57. Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧。
58. Poverty is stranger to industry. 勤劳之人不受穷。
59. Rome was not built in a day. 罗马不是一日建成的。(伟业非一日之功。)
60. Sense comes with age. 老马识途。
61. So many men, so many minds. 人心各不同。
62. Some thing is learned every time a book is opened. 开卷有益。
63. Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁。
64. The car will find its way round the hill when it gets there. 车到山前必有路。
65. The heart is seen in wine. 酒后吐真言。
66. The older the wiser. 人老智多。(姜还是老的辣。)
67. The worse luck now, the better another time. 风水轮流转。
68. Thoughts are free from toll. 思想不用交税。(人人都可以自由思考。)
69. Time tries all things. 时间检验一切。
70. Use legs and have legs. 经常用腿，健步如飞。
71. Virtue never grows old. 美德常青。
72. Walls have ears. 隔墙有耳。
73. What is done cannot be undone. 覆水难收。
74. Wine in, truth out. 酒后吐真言。
75. You are only young once. 青春只有一次。
76. You cannot burn the candle at both ends. 蜡烛不可两头燃。(鱼和熊掌不可兼得。)
77. You cannot have your cake and eat it. 有得就有失。(事难两全其美。)
78. You never know till you have tried. 事非经过不知难。
79. Youth will be served. 青春好作乐。
80. Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse. 无知的狂热是脱缰的野马。
The early bird catches worm
I can play
Pain past is pleasure.
Storms make trees take deeper roots.
God helps those who help themselves.
A secret makes a woman woman
We can both of God and the devil
Money is not everything. There"s Mastercard & Visa.
One should love animals. They are so tasty.
Love the neighbor. But don"t get caught.
Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
The wise never marry, and when they marry they become otherwise.
Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
Never put off the work till tomorrow what you can put off today.
Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause children.
"Your future depends on your dreams." So go to sleep.
There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.
"Hard work never kills anybody." But why take the risk? "
"Work fascinates me." I can look at it for hours! "
God made relatives; Thank God we can choose our friends.
When two‘s company, three"s the result!
A dress is like a barbed fence. It protects the premises without restricting the view.
The more you learn, the more you know, The more you know, the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn.
学的越多,知道的越多, 知道的越多；忘记的越多, 忘记的越多；知道的越少, 为什么学来着?!
1、You know — one loves the sunset， when one is so sad…
2、If someone loves a flower， of which just one single blossom grows in all the millions and millions of stars， it is enough to make him happy just to look at the stars． He can say to himself，“Somewhere， my flower is there…” But if the sheep eats the flower， in one moment all his stars will be darkened… And you think that is not important！
3、Flowers are so inconsistent！ But I was too young to know how to love her…
4、For she did not want him to see her crying． She was such a proud flower…
5、It is of some use to my volcanoes， and it is of some use to my flower， that I own them． But you are of no use to the stars．
6、My flower is ephemeral， and she has only four thorns to defend herself against the world． And I have left on my planet， all alone！
7、The people have no imagination． They repeat whatever one says to them… On my planet I had a flower； She always was the first to speak…
8、His flower had told him that she was only one of her kind in all universe． And here were five thousand of them， all alike， in one single garden！
9、I thought that I was rich， with a flower that was unique in all the world； and all I had was a common rose． A common rose…
10、To me， you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys． And I have no need of you． And you， on your part， have no need of me． To you， I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes． But if you tame me， then we shall need each other． To me， you will be unique in all the world． To you， I shall be unique in all the world．
11、The wheat fields have nothing to say to me． And that is sad． But you have hair that is the color of gold． Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me！ The grain， which is also golden， will bring me back the thought of you． And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat．
12、Men have not more time to understand anything． They buy things already made at the shops． But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship， and so men have no friends any more．
13、It is your own fault， I never wished you any sort of harm； but you wanted me to tame you．．． but now you are going to cry！ Then it has done you no good at all！
14、It has done me good， because of the color of the wheat fields． Go and look again at the roses． You will understand now that yours is unique in all the world．
15、You are beautiful， but you are empty． One could not die for you． To be sure， an ordinary passer－by would think that my rose looked just like you – the rose that belongs to me． But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses： because it is she that I have watered； because it is she that I have put under the glass globe； because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen； because it is she that I have killed the caterpillars （except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies）； because it is she that I have listened to， when she grumbled， or boasted， or even sometimes when she said nothing． Because she is my rose．
16、And now here is my secret， a very simple secret． It is only with the heart that one can see rightly； what is essential is invisible to the eyes．
17、It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important．
18、Men have forgotten this truth． But you must not forget it． You become responsible， forever， for what you have tamed． You are responsible for your rose…
19、Only the children know what they are looking for． They waste their time over a rag doll and it becomes very important to them； and if anybody takes it away from them， they cry…
20、As for me， if I had fifty－three minutes to spend as I liked， I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water．
21、The stars are beautiful， because of a flower that cannot be seen．
22、What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well…
23、The house， the stars， the desert – what gives them their beauty is something that is invisible！
24、What moves me so deeply， about this little prince who is sleeping here， is his loyalty to a flower – the image of a rose that shine through his whole being like the flame of a lamp， even when he is asleep…
25、The men where you live， raise five thousand roses in the same garden – and they do not find in it what they are looking for． And yet what they are looking for could be found in one single rose， or in a little water． But eyes are blind． One must look with the heart…
26、The thing that is important is the thing that not seen… It is just as it is with the flower． If you love a flower that lives on a star， it is sweet to look at the sky at night． All the stars are abloom with flowers…
27、My star will be just one of the stars， for you． And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens．．． They will be your friends．
28、All men have the stars， but they are not the same things for different people． For some， who are travelers， the stars are guides． For others they are no more than little lights in the sky． For others， who are scholars， they are problems． For my businessman they were wealth． But all these stars are silent． You – you alone – will have the stars as no one else has them…
29、In one of the stars I shall be living． In one of them I shall be laughing． And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing， when you look at the sky at night… You – only you – will have stars that can laugh…
30、And when your sorrow is comforted time soothes all sorrows you will be content that you have known me． You will always be my friend． You will want to laugh with me． And you will sometimes open your window， so， for that pleasure… And your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky！ Then you will say to them， “Yes， the stars always make me laugh！”
31、You understand… It is too far． I cannot carry this body with me． It is too heavy． But it will be like an old abandoned shell． There is nothing sad about old shells…
32、You know， it will be very nice． I， too， shall look at the stars． All the stars will be wells with a rusty pulley． All the stars will pour out fresh water for me to drink… That will be so amusing！ You will have five hundred million little bells， and I shall have five hundred million springs of fresh water…
33、You know – my flower… I am responsible for her． And she is so weak！ She is so naïve！ She has four thorns， of no use at all， to protect herself against the world…there now – that is all…
34、And no grown－ups will ever understand that this is a matter of so much importance！